Kansas Environmental Health Association
Bill Spaniol Memorial Scholarship 2020
To promote the Kansas Environmental Health Association (KEHA) as a professional organization and encourage individuals to pursue a degree in Environmental Science or a related field by offering one or more scholarships annually in the amount of $500 to qualifying individuals.
Any student who will be graduating or has graduated from a high school accredited by the Kansas State Board of Education, or will be receiving or has received a general educational development (GED) credential issued by the Kansas Board of Regents, or will be graduating or has graduated from a Kansas home school program or a non-accredited private secondary school and will be attending a community college or a four-year private or public college or university.
- All documents must be typed.
- Submit the completed and signed Bill Spaniol Memorial Scholarship Application Form. A fillable application form is available at : Bill Spaniol Memorial Scholarship Application
- Submit all official current academic transcripts.
- Submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation; academic or employment-related.
- Provide information on involvement of non-school activities, including work experience.
- Submit a short personal statement addressing your overall academic and career goals.
- All applications must be received by March 31, 2020.
The KEHA executive board shall appoint a Scholarship Committee consisting of three (3) or more current KEHA members to review all applications.
First priority in awarding will be given to individuals who:
- Are seeking a career in Environmental Sciences or a related field;
- Are a current legal Kansas resident;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater;
- Are a relative of a current member of KEHA.
All Applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committees’ decision by April 30, 2020 Incomplete application packets will not be reviewed or considered. Recipients will be invited to attend the fall conference to receive recognition and be afforded the opportunity to attend our professional meeting a KEHA’s expense.